DECEMBER 3, 1893
A presbytery consisting of Rev. Isacc Thomas Newton, Chairman, Rev. James Vance Devenney, and Rev. Charles James Fox Anderson, Secretary, met in the Sanford Academy on Sunday night. They organized a Missionary Baptist Church at Sanford, Moore County, NC (now Lee County, NC). There were 15 charter members coming by letter from Cool Springs and Apex Baptist Churches.
1924-1925 – The current church was build for $110,000 by Chapman-Hunt Company Inc. of Oxford, NC on the corner of Steele Street and Summit Drive.
1947-1948 – 2nd parsonage – a two story brick building built at 201 North Gulf Street by L.P. Cox Construction Company for $29,995.84.
1955-1956 – A three story brick building built by L.P. Cox Company for $96,588.
FAMILY LIFE CENTER, PHASE 1
1982-1983 – Phase 1 was built by L.P. Cox Company and includes the Chapel, Offices, Library, Parlor, and Sunday School Classes.
FAMILY LIFE CENTER, PHASE 2
1998-2000 – Phase 2 was built by John William Brown Company, Inc. and includes a full commercial kitchen, fellowship hall, fitness room, gym, walking track, game room, snack room, and offices.
2018 – 125th Anniversary of First Baptist Church of Sanford